Saturday, April 01, 2006

Patience is Rewarded

First off I'd like to pass the time. You know, waste some space.






Now with that out of the way, let's clear the mind of all office/school/work trivialities and discuss what is really important. Discuss the nature of reality as we know it and how we're all part of the giant spaceship. I'd like to sound like the rantings from a Dr. Bronner's soap bottle. I'd like to make a hat in the style of those outdoor propane heaters. Wearing a gas tank on my back, I would be the life of the party! I could keep scantily clad women all around me even in the coldest of winter nights and serve a nice smoked gouda cream sauce with foccacia bread. But let's move on:





Some places are still nice.



Now although the shoes have been retired...



...I still go canyoning (canyoneering). We leave Queenstown...



...and drive...



...past the bluff...



...and past the glare of the bald into the Routeburn valley...


...I understand that -burn is a Scottish word meaning river or valley and that saying Routeburn valley is somewhat redundant, so let's talk about something more esoteric: (NB: ZB)

Up in Mt. Aspiring National Park, they allow recreational fishing. What do they fish for you ask? Brown trout. No standard fish hook method, but you have to use a fly rod and it has to be catch and release b/c it's quite easily accessible by car. I hope that those driving check their oil before beginning the trip.

Time to cleanse the palate:



Sometimes they even let me leave Queenstown!:



And drive up the coast:



Or to the fjords:



That is all. Takk for mej.

No comments: