Sunday, July 23, 2006

Homage to Felipe

Or: Peripatetic agriculture and its contents


Some people talk about being an itinerant fruit picker, some act on it.

This is my tractor:



See the world from my eyes for most of the day:


I told you it was my tractor. I drive boxes or tanks filled with water to and fro. Sometimes they are empty. Sometimes they are full.



Sometimes it rains.



Fun factoids:

-Weight of filled box: 700lbs.
-Weight of filled tank: 2000lbs.
-Number of breakdowns of shaker (from 1970): 4
-Number of breakdowns of catchframe: 2
-Number of uses of various saws (chain, circular): >8
-Number of bats (BFBs) caught in catch frame, paralyzed but still hissing: 1
-Number of exploding boxes filled with cherries: 1
-Number of apple trees uprooted from runaway catchframe: 1 (ghost ride the whip)


No comments: