Saturday, July 04, 2009

jetLAG

Time to get the hours straight. I'm actually sleeping through most of the night, and my appetite shows up at appropriate times.

3 weeks and a day ago, I left Colorado. I headed East, stopping at a good friend's in Illinois to see his cliff, dropped to Charlotte to see another friend off on on his honeymoon, headed North to Delware, loaded up on furniture and a bed to take to my brother in Connecticut, drove back through Pennsylvania to see a friend's first child, and arrived back in Delaware to pack.






8 days ago, with nothing left to do, I made a novel trip to swim in the warm side of the Atlantic before boarding a plane the following day.



D.C. down to Atlanta, then somehow got First Class to Cape Town.









Sarah and I had Sunday to relax and headed out for a drink to look back at the city that's now my home.




















With Sarah back to work on Monday, I had a day to play guitar and accomplished little else. On Tuesday, Sarah, ever trusting, let me loose on the streets, so I hiked up Table Mountain via Skeleton Gorge from Kirstenbosch, the botanical gardens. I made it to the highest point on the mountain; however, I feel it is somewhat contrived.






















I had enough time to hike up Lion's Head yesterday to have another view of the city as the clouds started rolling over Table Mountain.





By the time I was back at the car, Lion's Head was also covered. We moved all Sarah's furniture to her mom's, who I met for the first time while carrying a bookshelf in the rain. A second load completed the evening, and here's to hoping we can finally relax.

Upcoming in the next week is hopefully surfing, climbing, unmentionable sport, and job hunting/interview scheduling. Ok then. I suppose many subjects require individual posts. I suppose I have time. I suppose this post has been far too straight forward, and does not fit this blog thematically.

1 comment:

Jan (from VA) said...

Thanks for the update. As always, lovely pictures and appropriate commentary! ;-) Looking forward for the individual postings and wishing for relaxation and pleasure!