Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Load Out

"...let the roadies take the stage..."

I've done a couple of load outs for gigs. 2 up until tonight. They were both Christian Rock affiliated - the Jebus Sound. I was getting worried.

We did a load in last night in a ballroom at the Biltmore Resort. It looked like it was going to be for either Dem. or Rep. HQ for the elections. So I showed up this evening expecting sheep drunk in victory or in defeat. As I walked in, Jerry Douglas and Ron Block, banjo case in hand, walked by me. Dan Tyminski (the voice of George Clooney's character in 'O Brother, Where Art Thou') was stuffing his face. Alison Krauss was talking to the sound guy. They were playing a private gig for a Cincinnati Insurance Group. Weird. Jerry Douglas is tall. Alison Krauss is hot. That's all.

1 comment:

JessBeQuick said...

I'm jealous! : ) Talk soon.