Tuesday, October 31, 2006

PIR


My 2nd NASCAR post in 6months. Be afraid. On Tuesday I got to change lightbulbs. The 160,000 or so people are about to rain down on Avondale and Goodyear in a white-trash monsoon. The big race is on November 12th, in honor of my brother's birthday. So nearly two weeks away, and RVs were already starting to line up on Indian Springs Road, as the gates don't open for another week. There was a full-service Basha's grocery store thrown up in a tent, and the mobile McDonald's should arrive soon. Apparently one NASCAR race brings more money into a community than a Super Bowl. The drivers stay at the Phoenician and travel around the Valley in private helicopters.

While I was there, the Texaco car was doing laps. One vehicle and it was unbearably loud - extremely hard to have a conversation. I can't imagine what it would be like with all of the cars zooming around with brassieres floating amidst the constant sonic boom. Seriously, one car was louder than when the Blue Angels were flying over the house during the Goodyear air show.

Oh, and upcoming: I think I get to fight James Bond while dressed as a ninja next week. More on that when the time arrives.



























No comments: