Thursday, June 21, 2007

Canopy

So the grand opening for the canopy tour is tomorrow.
At the least I can say that, much like the Death Star, it is fully operational. I will from now on abstain from using Star Wars references on this page, no matter how appropriate. Since returning form the wedding (Memorial Day weekend), I've had one day free, which wasn't by choice; it was simply that my body refused to move. Since returning, I've worked as in the NHL playoffs. The past four days have entailed raising the platform at the bottom of the long zipline and involving the self in tasks that turn a white shirt brown in 20min. Today entailed making a trail and a platform for the long zipline (my nemesis, my baby). As is usually the case, all things were working against me on the run-up to the finish. The damned wasps decided to sting my hand, my wrist, my lip, unprovoked. Whereas one sting has removed any memory of my knuckles, the other has failed to reproduce the Duck. The gash persists on the other hand from when the wall gave way, and there exist countless other scratches, bites and abrasions.






One more week of work and everything will be done.



Coming soon: A completely sober and serious look at my day to day life here. And, I promise, at some point, I will post photos of the canyons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also..one more promise...to call your loving ma...she misses you.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!!!!!!