Wednesday, June 06, 2007

MTY

I was charged last night with taking out the trash, which had been accumulating for weeks, from the office at 6:40AM this morning, before the arrival of the trucks. It can't go out the night before, of course, because of the wild packs of stray dogs that have taken over most of the city. So last night I put it all on the front stoop, which is gated. I woke up to some sickening smell of putrescence and noticed that some ferric-colored liquid had leaked under the front door into the office. The worst part was that it was from the most recent trash bag from the kitchen. I don't know what everyone was eating here in my absence, but I fear it might be another contributor to the rising sterility levels among males in the world. I'm going back to the mountains. Up there, one good side of their ethic of throwing their trash anywhere is that I don't have to move it around.

No comments: