Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Finishing up



So with under 4 days to go in a 5 month stint, one decides to visit the unseen attractions to which one has been so near or even directing people. Finally, a picture of the waterfall Cola de Caballo - the namesake of the hotel I stayed at. Due to all of the rains, it was flowing higher than usual.



Then I finally made it back to Parque Fundidora. The clouds don't do the place justice; but, neither did all of the construction going on in preparation for the world forum that kicks off in a couple of weeks or so. But I caught a glimpse of the zipline I put up there.






Here's the palace of the government in downtown Monterrey. They've got all the flags out for their upcoming Independence Day.



Finally, my friend and I before we went into the History of Mexico museum, which chronologically describes pre-colonial Mexico up to the present day. Filled with swords and spears used by the conquistadors, it's pretty neat, but sad in a way. The history starting with their Independence in 1821 up trough 1850 is also pretty bloody, with wars with Texas, France and the United States.


Don't worry, more to come...

No comments: