Friday, October 27, 2006

Post-Ape-o-calypse

HAHAHAHAHA

I'm sitting in a coffee house of the rejected, the reformed and the resilient. Tonight is No Limit Hold 'em. All the extras from Mad Max, now members of NA, have all turned out, only to turned away by the crowd waiting to be served. Understandably, it makes them uncomfortable.


<----And what the hell is this? I can tell you one thing, it's damned hard to take seriously when it's yelling at you about the timing of the rope drop.







But if the large bird on ice skates is pointing at me and telling me it's time to drop, damn it, we're going to drop. Who are you going to listen to, really, when it comes down to it? An enormous roadrunner on skates with a jersey representing the team playing this evening, or a large disgruntled gorilla in a Suns jersey, who is unsure of how to rig his rappel device? I can't answer these questions.



Oh, and that guy in the background... His job is to follow the monkey around and ask him if he wants water. Talk about the 'cush' life - taking orders from a primate.

Really, though, I may have rivaled my most esoteric job to date. The gorilla is quite friendly and well-spoken. But you try running a contingency anchor when a gorilla suit is on the line. See if you can keep a straight face.

1 comment:

Mr Zazanis said...

do you know how awesome evil mellow was?