Monday, February 26, 2007

Estrella








My mom lives in Estrella Mountain Ranch. The development is named after the mountain range to which it abuts. With talk of her moving, it was decided that another regret would be added to the list if I didn't hike in the designated wilderness area of the Estrellas. So I convinced my canyoneering buddy Mike to leave the wetsuit and ropes at home and we'd do some old fashioned hiking - about 3 miles one-way and 2500' elevation gain up to aptly named Quartz Peak. Here you go:



































The ridge heading Southeast.






And Northwest










Towering over South Mountain. Looking towards the Phoenix Valley.











So the question arose, "Where should I go to now?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and one fun ride home.

-MIKE

Mr Zazanis said...

do ever stay indoors?