Friday, February 09, 2007

The Precautionary Principle

I worked a load in tonight at the Biltmore Resort. The gig was for, I believe, something to do with Budweiser. It is possible that it may have something to do with Superricockuloushawk McCain. You see, he is married to Cindy Hensley. Her father, Jim Hensley, is the owner of the 3rd largest Anheuser-Busch distributor in the US. My coworker at the gig, an ATV-driving, gun-shooting, seriously serious about being safe at work person, says that he has nothing against marijuana. But that making it legal would reduce the consumption of beer. That is true, as marijuana is a vasodilator, inducing the "Spins" to the wary party-goer whose decision-making process has been altered from imbibing too much. Too much. I tell you, it wasn't the marijuana that led to that girl's pregnancy test being positive in that anti-pot commercial. But I digress.

So I went and filled up the tank after work. As I leaned against the truck, another car pulled up. The driver exited, and with him his dog. The dog immediately walked into the small convenience store between pumps and proceeded to micturate on the first possible target, which just happened to be the bags of sunflower seeds. So, I just think that, in general, it might behoove the general consumer to abstain from buying products off of the bottom shelf. That is all.

No comments: