Monday, February 27, 2006

306 and counting...

The "Rock" station down here has been conducting a countdown of the top 1000 'rock' songs of all time. Number 306 was Van Halen's JUMP. One might ask how a song could possibly be better than that song. I disavow the friendship of anyone that would ask that question.

Or one might assume that all songs then following would be better than this song. I, however, being more cynical than the rest, know that I will now be force-fed the likes of Blaze of Glory, or worse, Simply Irresistible.

Now there is no telling where the money went, I understand, but I'm the colt in your stable; I'm what Cain was to Abel, and unless I hear some FYC soon, heads may roll.

"Come on Feel the Noise..."

Update: Number 255 was Shine on You Crazy Diamond. How dare they! To say that there are 254 better is inflammatory.

Update and Finale: A correction is in order. The list was not of the best of all time, but of the best in New Zealand. And whereas before I would have directed criticism towards some corporate entity deciding the outcome, this was voted on by and is the complete responsibility of Kiwis at large. My disappointment now permeates this whole country; it has let me down.

2 comments:

Mr Zazanis said...

She drives me crazy ! o' o'

I know your looking forward to the five AccaDacca and Gunners songs in the top 50! -

See ya soon ... Z

Anna Dunford said...

your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to educate the masses...

At least 'Shine on You Crazy Diamond' got played at Rod Donald's funeral.