Thursday, December 29, 2005

My Precious Fluids!

They've taken them from me! Vital fluids! At the doctor's!

As the swelling receded, in the gap between where the hematoma had etched its purple shininess to my leg, it became evident that I was carrying some liquid with me in my leg (Think water bed). So the doctor took it away from me yesterday. All of the more than one hundred milliliters! He didn't even ask if I wanted to keep it.

To my and certainly your disappointment, I forgot to take my camera to capture this unique magical event. In its place, I present to you a poem written by a one Eleanor Rawson, a Queenstown area local, entitled Animal Lover. The topic of the poem is how she, Eleanor Rawson that is (of course), is, in fact, an animal lover. And why? To the poem:

Animal Lover

I love animals, I love them so much
Some animals are small
Some are big and playful,
But the thing I love the most is that
They are not the same.
A mouse is small and a rhino is big.
A warthog is plain but a giraffe has got patterns.
A fish is fearless and a crocodile is scary.
You see they are not all the same.

1 comment:

Anna Dunford said...

Can't help but think of Tony Hancock in 'The Blood Donor' =)

Anna

(a random Brit also living in this magical Middle Earth, but up in Windy Wellie)